dinsdag 20 augustus 2013

Review: Angelfall - Susan Ee

Title: Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1)
Author: Susan Ee
Published: May 21st 2011 by Feral Dream
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Kobo


Summary from goodreads: It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.



What I think: I couldn’t stop reading this book, I started reading it somewhere around 10 PM (big-big mistake!) and I finished somewhere in the early morning. This was one of the better post-apocalyptic books I’ve read in the last few months. If you have not read the book, be warned this review *CONTAINS SPOILERS*.

Starting the first few pages I got really excited, I really liked where the story was going and loved the characters. Penryn is the heroin; she is finally not some lost puppy that just keeps chasing her own tale. She is loyal, brave, friendly, beautiful and loves her family to bits. That last part about loving her family is where this book starts.

Angels destroyed the world and Penryn, her mother and her little sister Paige have to flee their home since brutal gangs destroy everything that the angels left unbroken. During their escape to safer grounds they fall in the middle of an angel battle where Penryns mom runs and her sister gets taken by them and the only way for Penryn to get her back is to help the angel who was just stripped of his wings. Raffe (the fallen angel) and Penryn go on an adventure with as goal the Aerie (Angel headquarters).

On their adventures the come across some very nasty little creatures that engrossed me terribly. Imagine angels shaped like scorpions that stick their needle in you and then suck your insides out.  Or little kids that are mutated to a form where they feed on other humans, gross right?

The story really drags you in and I kept on cheering Penryn on in her mission to safe her sister. The only thing that I missed is the connection between Penryn and Raffe, I really believe that Susan Ee mend to have a connection or some chemistry there. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find this. So hopefully the next book will have some more details on this love story.

Talking about the next book, I can’t wait to start reading it. I have to wait two more months for it to be released, I believe it’s somewhere in the middle of November.  CAN’T WAIT !!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Please let me know what you think, I love reading your comments!